Classification: Full-time, non-exempt
Location: 1508 U St NW WDC 20009
This essential team member meets the ongoing needs of our growing District based building portfolio. Success in this role emerges from strong relationships, project and time management finesse, dynamic problem solving and a strong commitment to excellence overall. Our Client Experience Specialists deliver best in class building management and are good at managing real time issues and emergencies while tracking projects and smaller scale tasks from beginning to end. Focus on systems, innovation and technology and old fashioned “reach out and touch” communications is the secret sauce in this role.
We offer a competitive salary, exceptional benefits and a commitment to long term growth opportunities for all. Salary range will be commensurate with candidate’s experience - with an eye toward a terrific offer!
Monday – Friday 9 a.m -6 p.m. We also rely on, and expect our Client Experience Manager to ensure, well, the best possible client experience! This means commitment to very light after-hour and weekend work to check in on client’s needs. The CE specialist also offers occasional emergency on-call hours to ensure 24 hour coverage.
Building Fluency! Delivery of Portfolio Management
- Establish strong collaborative and proactive relationships with Board members + residents. This requirement will appear several times, because it’s just THAT important!
- Become expert in the day-to-day needs of associations and cooperatives in the DC area including: governance + resident communication, building systems and maintenance plans, administration (think insurance, licenses and things of that nature)
- Layout and access fluency (i.e., how to get into the building and where to go when something is needed at the building!)
- Quarterly walkthrough of buildings and report back to Board
- Ensure information tracking for each building is complete and consistent including: current lease and tenant information, owner information, maintenance schedules, Insurance renewals
- Yearly contract review and solicitation for needed maintenance and service vendors
- Oversight and coordination of contracted maintenance including: life + safety inspections, critter control, sprinkler testing, fire extinguishers, back flow valves, elevator testing, trash, access control, Coordinate routine or occasional maintenance items at each property including:, landscaping, snow removal, dryer vent cleaning, window washing , power washing , HVAC and filter changes, roof coating and gutter cleaning, chimney cleaning, etc.
- Coordinate routine or occasional maintenance items at each property including: landscaping, snow removal , dryer vent cleaning, window washing , power washing , HVAC and filter changes, Roof coating and gutter cleaning, chimney cleaning, etc.
- Respond to all submitted work orders within 24 hours and resolve requests quickly or assign tickets quickly with update to resident, follow up and track progress with updates to resident(s), ensure completion of all tickets within assigned portfolio, bill for any project management time associated with ticket(s)
- Support management of large scale/complicated projects, tap in-house project management team to handle and provide the following: building communications support to residents + owners, liaise to finance if funds or resources are impacted and collaborate with Board on scale and scope of project + decision making
- Maintain Appfolio and Dropbox files for all Associations and make sure updates are regularly made and published to these tools
- Keep inventory of keys, fobs, garage remotes for assigned clients and orders more as needed or works with the Board/vendor to ensure adequate stock is available
- Keep notes/records in property management software of all relevant information (based on internal protocol document), update building pages as contracts/information change; quarterly audit to ensure correct information is available
- Establish and maintain exceptional relationships with vendors
Building Board Fluency: Relationships with Boards, Owners + Residents (yes! That’s everyone)
- Establish strong collaborative and proactive relationships with Board members + residents Manage governance issues for assigned portfolio including:, tracking elections, tracking annual owner meetings, rule enforcement and house rule fluency, understanding bylaws and other governing documents , understanding the DC condo act of 2014 (we will help with that!)
- Manage governance issues for assigned portfolio including: tracking elections, tracking annual owner meetings, rule enforcement and house rule fluency, understanding bylaws and other governing documents , understanding the DC condo act of 2014 (we will help with that!) /li>
- Participate in Board relations including: prepare for and attend Board meetings and annual meeting (1-3 meetings per year), send Board meeting notices to owners, capture meeting minutes and file to memorialize
- Offer regular communications to residents and board members including pro-active status reports on projects and anything impacting the building (bad AND good!)
- Provide regular updates to the Board on industry news + local regulations.
- Set-up and participate in new Board education mini sessions: Building Better Boards
Building Better Balance Sheets: Financial Management of Buildings
In collaboration with the finance team, the Client Experience Manager will:
- Review financial packages to understand monthly expenses and financial standing of the buildings
- analyze building reserve study to understand long term financial needs of building
- assist in planning and administration of special assessments
- weekly review and approval of client bills; escalate any concerns to the finance team
TeamWork + Best Practices
- Offer ongoing support to fellow team members in a collective effort to deliver excellent service
- Collaborate with supervisor to track success, set goals and measure performance
- Generate positive feedback from clients through survey tools and review sites
- Offer feedback on project management tracking tools and support systems, continually participate in the improvement of the systems in use
- Meaningfully participate in team meetings and strategy and growth conversations for the company
- Represent the Roost and Flock brand to external partners and clients
- Help establish best practices for building management and Roost as a best-in-class company
Work with team in order to ensure that we are achieving the Roost (Flock) Mission
- Be a team player
- Commit to doing the best and being the best
- Play a key role in positioning Roost as THE BEST management company locally and globally (seriously!)
- Support the team in managing emergency situations or urgent issues (all-hands kinds of things - think flooding!)
- Works to create new and better standards for the work as we grow
- Identifies opportunities for efficiency, innovation, economy of scale i.e., doing more - better and faster!
- Have fun!
Skills Required for Success
- Affection for drama and smooth conflict resolution or, at a minimum, conflict management
- Strong written and verbal communication. You can talk your way out of problems and you can write your way out of problems just as easily!
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to solve an array of problems in real time
- Outstanding account management skills (that’s the client experience part of the job)
- Superior organization and time management skills
- Ability to manage challenged (read: difficult) clients
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to be on-call and respond to emergencies as they arise
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to include weekends, evening and holidays if needed (we’re not going to torture you with evening/weekend comittments)
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of Apple systems
- Ability to quickly learn property management software and tools including Dropbox, Appfolio, Google Docs and Microsoft Office
- DC pride (plus knowing the city, too)
- Commitment to the Flock values and mission!
How to Apply
Interested and enthusiastic applicants should send a resume, cover letter and salary requirements to: Veronica Vivas: [email protected] | Subject Line: Client Experience Manager
- We will accept applications until the candidate is seated
- Roost DC provides a very competitive compensation and benefits package. Think flexible time off, family leave, paid federal holidays, 401k match, profit sharing, paid volunteer opportunities, student loan repayment, 100% paid healthcare and SO MUCH MORE!