Classification: Full-time, non-exempt
Location: 50% field / 50% office | 1508 U St NW WDC 20009
The Roost Project Manager ties the client to the Client Experience Team by initiating and tracking projects that impact each building. From access control to door replacement projects or security system upgrades, every building deserves an attentive thoughtful partner in the delivery of projects on time, on budget and within expectations. Exceptional project management is the pathway to successful and satisfied associations and cooperatives. That’s a winning model for “best in class” management.
Annual Salary + Perks: We offer a competitive salary, exceptional benefits and a commitment to long term growth opportunities for all. Salary range will be commensurate with candidate’s experience with an eye toward a terrific offer!
Monday – Friday 9 a.m -6 p.m. We also rely on, and expect our Project Manager to ensure we’re tracking and overseeing building projects to successful completion. This can mean time in the field may be scheduled outside the typical work day. It also means a commitment to very light after-hour and weekend work to check in on client’s needs. The Project Manager also offers occasional emergency on-call hours to ensure 24 hour coverage.
Building Fluency! Delivery of Portfolio Management
- Establish strong collaborative and proactive relationships with Board members + residents. This requirement will appear several times, because it’s just THAT important!
- Become expert in the day-to-day needs of associations and cooperatives in the DC area including: governance + resident communication, building systems and maintenance plans, administration (think insurance, licenses and things of that nature)
- Layout and access fluency (i.e., how to get into the building and where to go when something is needed at the building!)
- Periodic walkthrough of buildings and report back to Board
- Meet vendors to solicit proposals and direct scope of work for items requiring field visits including i.e., painting, carpet replacement, pest control exclusion, equipment replacement, snow removal
- Manage assigned tickets and resolve with attention to timeline, building priority and communication
- Play lead role in the management of mid-sized and smaller projects on behalf of associations and in collaboration with the Client Experience Specialist including: Creating best messaging for, stakeholders and residents, liaise to finance if funds or resources are impacted, collaborate with Boards on scale and scope of project + decision making particularly with regard to funds and disruption of common elements, Coordinate with vendors to obtain bids, oversee performance and ensure project completion, procurement of approved project supplies/materials as needed, Fully review and analyze vendor reports/invoices and bids and anticipate questions from Board members. Connect with Roost team to talk through any concerns and ensure bids are 100% complete before sending to Boards, See through the project, including final walk through/punch list + payout of vendor
- Update property information with relevant changes to protocol or status
- Establish and maintain exceptional relationships with vendors and continuously build new relationships with trade professionals and consultants
Work with team in order to ensure that we are achieving the Roost (Flock) Mission
- Be a team player
- Commit to doing the best and being the best
- Play a key role in positioning Roost as THE BEST management company locally and globally (seriously!)
- Play a leadership role in managing urgent issues and emergency situations (all-hands kinds of things - think flooding!)
- Develop tracking tools and standard operating procedures (SOP’s)
- Works to create new and better standards for the work as we grow
- Identifies opportunities for efficiency, innovation, economy of scale i.e., doing more - better and faster!
- Represent the Roost and Flock brand to external partners, vendors and clients
- Have fun!
Skills Required for Success
- Baseline understanding of construction based project management
- Familiarity and/or experience in the real estate industry
- Affection for drama and smooth conflict resolution or, at a minimum, conflict management
- Strong written and verbal communication. You can talk your way out of problems and you can write your way out of problems just as easily!
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to solve an array of problems in real time
- Outstanding account management skills (that’s the client experience part of the job)
- Superior organization and time management skills
- Ability to manage challenged (read: difficult) clients
- Ability to work independently and well in the field and in the office
- DC pride (plus knowing the city, too)
- Commitment to the Flock values and mission!
How to Apply
- Interested and enthusiastic applicants should send a resume, cover letter and salary requirements to: Veronica Vivas: [email protected] | Subject Line: Senior Client Experience Manager
- We will accept applications until the candidate is seated
- Roost DC provides a very competitive compensation and benefits package. Think flexible time off, family leave, paid federal holidays, 401k match, profit sharing, paid volunteer opportunities, student loan repayment, 100% paid healthcare and SO MUCH MORE!
- Please, no phone calls